Tipo de contrato:
Tipo de centro:
The World Languages faculty has grown in size over recent years and now encompasses Spanish, Chinese, Thai and Korean. The successful candidate would teach Spanish at both KS3 and IGCSE level and the ability to offer either a second European language (such as French, German or Italian), would be a distinct advantage.
Please note that the school will cover the full cost of any Thailand-specific entry requirements for foreign nationals with visa/work permits (such as mandatory quarantine hotel costs etc.) if such requirements are still in place in August 2021.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a first degree and ideally hold a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE/GTP).
- Have a minimum of two years teaching experience in the UK or overseas in a British curriculum school.
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Secondary MFL English National Curriculum and experience of teaching IGCSE Spanish courses.
- Have a good ability to use IT to support teaching and learning.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room.
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the Boarding School.
- Recent experience of teaching in an international school environment is preferred though not essential.
Bromsgrove International School Thailand is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, such as the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), if UK based, or the equivalent if overseas, as well as written/verbal reference checks from previous employers. Any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks being successfully completed.
To apply for this position please submit a full letter of application, curriculum vitae with a minimum of two referees (one of which must be your current Headteacher/Principal) and a recent passport photograph directly to Dr Dan Moore, Headmaster & CEO at email@example.com
Interviews for short listed candidates will take place in both Bangkok (for locally based candidates) w/b Monday 25th January 2021 and in the UK (or via Skype), w/b Monday 1st February 2021.
Bromsgrove International School, Thailand, is a well-established co-educational boarding and day school for over 500 students from ages 2 to 18. The school follows the English National Curriculum, adapted for our international context, from EYFS through to IGCSE, A-Levels and BTEC. We are affiliated to Bromsgrove School, one of the UK’s most prestigious independent boarding and day schools, steeped in over 450 years of history. We aim to utilise the very best aspects of that educational heritage whilst also fostering in our students a love of independent learning and shaping them to become truly global citizens. The school is a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), an Education Development Trust (EDT) Silver accredited school and is also a full member of the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA). The school is spread across two campuses: the Early Years Campus (Pre-Nursery to Year 1) and Windsor Park Campus (Year 2 to Year 13). The main Windsor Park campus is located on the idyllic Windsor Park Golf Course on the outskirts of Bangkok, within easy reach of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and is approximately one hour from the Sukhumvit downtown Bangkok.
Over the past five years the school has grown markedly, in both our student numbers and our reputation for academic excellence and is now the international school of choice in the Eastern Bangkok area. We are now seeking for August 20201 a Teacher of Spanish who wishes to be part of a professionally dynamic, supportive and forward thinking learning community, in a wonderful Southeast Asian setting.